Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally some snow.

larry8200

First real snow since last October. This pair has been out of work. My backup blower on B-210 has a cab, but I put it on and immedialetley took it back off. At 6'6" 270 it was a tight fit!!! When I can wait till after the storm (like today) I think I'd just as soon have an open tractor. Of course today the wind was at my back. One good wind blown face full from the blower and I might not say that! I haven't used the heat shield the last two years on the 74 Sovereign and cant say it makes much difference. With or without it you have to be real carefull when snow is blowing on the carb/points side of the engine and temperature is well below freezing. If the governor freezes under a heavy load you can really over rev the engine.

Finally got a "snowblowable" snowfall here in New York State as well. The Deutz 912H started right up after sitting patiently waiting in the unheated garage since the beginning of November when I ran it last. Gotta love Interstate batteries!!:D

It's been snowing here since about 1:30 and hasn't let up yet. Milwaukee area is expecting up to 8". Looks like I'll be waking the neighbors after work tonight clearing the drive. YESSSSSS!!!:D:D:D

No snow here in Southern,Ontario.:O:D All we have is dead green grass & mud. My snow fleet has been on vacation....couple times my AC 710 has hauled fire wood up to my shop. waiting for spring now.8D:D Karl

Hey larry, spraying the carb down with WD-40 helps with the freeze up problem some. Glad some of you are getting in on "the fun"

5 inches of wet heavy slop in Oshkosh Wisconsin. Allis 810GT took care of it with no problem, 45 minutes of playing, which included doing sidewalks for a block in each direction. Wife was not here to take pics, sorry. Steve

SE WI we got about 7", and last night and this morning got some good time with the tractor. Ended up doing 7 driveways in the area, and never did the blower clog up. Impressed with the tractor and blower. Enjoyed the quality time, and snow was very wet and heavy. No photos also, as I'm the only one out at that time... So about 2 hours total seat time. Looks like the balance of the week will be on maintenance of the mower deck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • Bill725
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts