Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hardest my tractor has worked this year

Ronald Hribar

I believe we got the full 8 inches of snow here in Oconomowoc WI my neigbors as soon as they came home, Were out there with their walk behinds and shovels. Street was just plowed down the middle. The snow was still coming down heavili and there was a wind and the snow wet and heavy So beleiving in Tim's theory of waiting till neighbors are watching tv in their easy chairs. I went out about 8 o'clock I have some shoveling to do where the blower can not go or my wife does not want to go. Snow was deep and heavy Went down the sidewalk four houses in either direction Then because street was not plowed yet,started from middle of street blowin snow onto my lawn. THe 27 hp kohler was working as hard as I have ever worked it. Two stage blowing snow only about 12 feet When i got up this morning ,mine is one of the few driveways that do not have a 3 foot plow bank across the end of it. Probably will take tractor to some of the neighbor's plow banks this morning

Couldn't have more then 3" about 30 mi east of you. It was damp but for most part 3HP Toro did it's thing, Weather report give different totals in surrounding areas.

Is Ron using his "man tape" to measure with?:D:D Actually, I can back Ron up on this one. I would guess 6-8" of very heavy stuff, and the old 18 magnum grunted harder than I have ever heard it before.

All the snow deprived members need to see some snow blowing pictures. All we got was rain and wind in PA.

Sorry, no pics, but about 5 inches of wet cement slop here in Oshkosh. The Allis 810GT with single stage handled it well, blew about 12 feet (normal for when it is this wet). Next to the street it was almost water and still blew fine. I did plug once when I did the sidewalks for a block in each direction-I hit a spot where they had blown last night and there was only about 1 inch, not enough to keep the blower fed and it plugged it. Otherwise a nice 45 minute playtime! Steve

Seven drives, and one grass trail later, no clogs. Sure was very wet and heavy. But the 16 hp opposed handled it very well. Down the middle of the street is a good thing. W live on a dead end, so I do the street area at the end of the drive so the wife does not get stuck. Got to get her to work.....LOL :I

yup 8" or so here got that 31hp vanguard on the governor finally... I was pushing it so hard to see if something would give all I could get was the engine to bog with too much speed. I can't believe I did not break a belt or even got it to slip. I am the happiest I have ever been with my setup this year. Now if I only had a bigger driveway or more neighbors ;) Was a good day. What took me 1.5hrs before I hammered out in less than 30 min.

6-8" here and I was very pleased with my SS blower. This is the 1st year with it on the 17hp kohler twin and it seems to have a lot more power than the old 16hp briggs I used last winter. I did have the belt slip a few times trying to haul arse!!!

I pulled the belt tighter (front green line) and went with burntimes advice and rocked the napa a144 and I have no belt slip now. To me it seems the napa belt is a bit more rubbery than the cloth covered ones. Also the cast blower pulley seems to hold a bit better.

The wife went out in the evening with the shovel and cleared the slop before I got home from work. Then, saturday morning, I shoveled again. The Serf sat lonely in the garage.sm02

• Who's Online (See full list)

• B10Dave
    • maxwood
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts