Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steveo358

Scored an Earthcavator-New Pics

steveo358
Well, I just scored a gannon in almost new condition. It is a sears model,but I will get it to fit my 7117. The teethe look like new also. I am a happy camper. Drove 320 miles one way for this baby.Guy sold it to me for 160, and has a complete sears lift assembly with it. Should be able to make a little off the lift. Steve [img]Club2/attach/steveo358/earthcavator1%20%20390x520%20%20%20225x300%20.jpg[/img]

Willy
quote:
Originally posted by steveo358
Im in a hotel, and its in the back seat. I will get some as soon as I get home. Wife says it is getting more attention than her.
Did you tell her they are harder to come by then wives???8 On second thought I don't think it's a good idea.:D

Talntedmrgreen
Very nice! I just wrapped up working with Nate from Vintage Reproductions to have the decals made up... http://www.clickitandstickit.com/gannon-earthcavator-decals/ Hang on to those rippers...the teeth are cheap, but the shanks are the hardest to find part I've ever looked for :I

steveo358
This thing is as near to new as I believe you can get. Both cutting edges are black, and the bottom one has a little shine where something used it in the dirt one time. What a well made machine. I am very excited to get it adapted to my 7117.

MysTiK
Such dedication. 300 mile trek w the wife clamouring for attention. You'll have to get another one for her. 8) Those pix blowup nicely to fullscreen - thanx. Great score. dOd I'd be very interested to see how you hitch it. no rush.

Talntedmrgreen
I had my 'Woods' box with new cutting edges show up today, only to find a hole in the box and nothing but packing material and an invoice inside! ngr2 How the heck do you lose 20+# of steel on a UPS truck?

Talntedmrgreen
From what I've seen, they are all the same P/N, even for the larger units. Woods/H&L is completely depleted on inventory, and stopped macking them a couple years back, so they tell me. I've tried several other manufacturers as well, who produce H&L style shanks, with no luck. I think I've talked to nearly 20 Woods dealers, who carry stock, to see if they had any old stock uner the Woods P/N and the H&L P/N. Nothin. I don't think I've ever looked this hard for anything sm02