Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stans17

Kohler KT 19 Engine Identification

BLT
7119 had four spec number engines, PS 49125, PS 49130, 49205 and 49225. There was an improvement for better lubrication and I don't know when and other members can pipe in when.

MysTiK
I can only offer general and simplistic (no pun) info; based on a general lack of info - if that makes sense. Anyway.... I don't know how much you know already - but I would try looking in the "X-Ref" section on www.simpletractors.com. That sometimes gives some info, but it usually will give a MFR#, sometimes several MFR#'s, and the MFR would make possible a Manual download, and possibly several. Manuals often have spec details for entire tractor, possibly the engine as well. Beyond that, Kohler website is great for engine manuals download - again possibly several of those. Manuals also will mention various possibilities, variations, etc. (possible hints to i.d.) Somewhere in this group of possibilities, you might get a hint about what you really have. I would call this a hard search; but I am not sure what you really need either. Lots of possibilities there also. sm01 Another possibility is that there could be numbers stamped in the metal casings of the engine; but those might be generalities also. That's all I got. What do you really need? For myself, I went through all this just because I wanted to know whatever there was to know. That's just me. Sorry if this simplistic info seems a little complex - it's just a search path possibility. Maybe helpful, maybe no. When you come to the fork in the road, take it. :D