Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big10 Resto Heading Back To Millwakee (Pics Added)

70schopper

Just finished up a Big Ten for my brother in Milwaukee. Before everyone makes fun of the paint job let me explain. When my brother and i were kids we spent countless hours on a Big Ten painted identically to this one. I still have that one and restored it about 5 years ago. The reason i painted them both the same is because that was the paint job we were used to as my dad bought it that color. When my dad passed away i restored it back to the same color scheme kind of as a tribute to him. My brother just bought a house w/ a yard large enough for a garden tractor and his wife wanted to suprise him w/ one similar to mine/dads. So i painted one identical to it. Sorry if you don't like the paint but i think it is pretty sharp. I also have a 12 i restored and painted original colors as a tribute to my grandfather who owned one.I will post some w/ the mower deck later this week.

Here are a couple w/ the Mower Deck installed I took this evening.

I think it looks darn sharp. I've seen them painted yellow and orange. Were the that way from the factory, or would the orange ones have all been painted that way after they were bought? B110guy

If you like the tractor and it's colors then great. That said that is one beautiful tractor and I would love it have it in my yard. Great job on the restoration. Rick......

I think it's real pretty. Thanks for sharing the story behind it. There's more to this than just the tractor and paint. It's symbolic, and that's about a lot of things - the real picture is much bigger than the immediately visible. Much of that is simply personal and simply beautiful. That I love my tractor is not so much the question as how I love my tractor and what it means to me. That's about mine; this is about yours. And you already know more than the words can say. For me, such things are simply appreciation. There are no limits really. Peace. sm01 Well done; nicely stated.

Outstanding, nice work, nice color selection. Too bad the factory didn't think of the color scheme. John U