Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Wheel Weights

adamf203

Do anyone have some pictures of the front 8" wheel weights for the B Series tractors? I found a old timer with a set, and they are stamped with the number '162097' on the back of them. They appear to be the ones that I have seen from time to time on line, but the number doesnt come up on any of the websites. The guy wants a reasonable price, but I want to see if the are AC/Simplicity or just another brand. Any help is appreciated. ADAM

I run them on all my machines think they are same, as they are just rear weights from a smaller machine.

only issue I noticed is some old wheels have no holes but they may have been a swap from previous owner

So did Simplicity or AC actually make them as an accessory, or are they just a standard garden tractor item that works on our tractors?

They were sold for rear wheel weights on the small frames. But they work great on the front of the large frames just as well. Hope this helps you out

What is the going rate for a pair? I have seen some JD ones on ebay at 150. Do they make a great impact in the snow?

There are also other 8" front wheel weights that are flat. I bought some for an MTD. I use them to lower the center of gravity for more stability on hillsides and to counter balance the HD rear tiller. The ones I got looked like these but had holes for two bolt mounting also:

Prices are all over the map. But recent scrap metal prices are in play. I understand the purist approach, wanting Simp/AC parts. I bought REAR ww's recently. I found Simp ones about 20 lbs and some heavier Bolens and some other brands - prices ranged from 50-150. Ones I bought were 2x 50lb Bolens rears - the ask was 100, the give was 65. They are white; but will probably end up being another color - orange, black, white - anything but green/yellow. sm03 but even those can be repainted also. I have not seen too many fronts - more common to find rears (supply and demand?). But they are out there - wait for it. 8D Nice thing about the Simp weights is they tend to be "flat" - I like that look - some are "stackable" for weight variations. Most just attach w a couple of long bolts from the hardware store.

Wheel weights seem to be priced like gold lately...some pairs of the stackable rear weights mentioned are fetching over $100/pair on ebay. I can't imagine...that's $2+ per pound. (But they do look great!) I do like the feel of adding front weights when working in the snow. On my fatty front turfs on the 3212, they helped a lot. Whatever mine are, they look identical to those I've seen on the arse end of Broadmoor's. The early Broadmoor wheel weights were #990449, and the ship weight was 32# each. Whatever mine are, one is certainly heavier than one of my rear wheel weights, which are said to be 25#, so that seems about right.

Here are the same weights on the rear of my Serf, and the front of my Landlord. I wouldn't give more than $100 for these. It depends on how desparate you are to have a pair. I painted mine with Valspar Grill paint and baked them per the instructions,,,,, on the grill of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Cool picture Tim. Never seen a small frame pull a plow dOd
Ummm, Josh,,, That's my 2110 pulling the plow.:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Cool picture Tim. Never seen a small frame pull a plow dOd
Ummm, Josh,,, That's my 2110 pulling the plow.:D:D
Oh my goodness! Wow. I'm so used to seeing the Serf, my mind jumped right to the supernatural. Well, if nothing else, we both know you now need to pull a mini plow with the Serf, some way, some how! (Dang, do I feel stupid...):I

Me thinks the Serf will have enough power to pull a little 6" moldboard plow. I just have a difficult time justifying such a project. And I traded off my pair of 4x8 bar lug tires for some diamond stud turf tires for my Wonder Boy.:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Me thinks the Serf will have enough power to pull a little 6" moldboard plow. I just have a difficult time justifying such a project.
It'd look cool. What more justification do you need? Besides, it'd be perfect for if you wanted to put in a really small garden somewhere.

Oh please please please,,,,,, You two are twistin me arm.....:D:D We totally lost focus on the thread here.sm00sm00 Say Mack, It looks like Bolens shelled out a few more $$ to have their logo cast into those weights.... Pretty cool theredOddOd