Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

Another great Craigslist deal...(Tractor hauler)

GLPointon
I just brought home this 6'x10' utility trailer. It was advertised on Craigslist as a 5'x8' for $200 which was a good deal... but when I saw a 6x10 I was thrilled.

The only repair needed is 1 broken deck board...The lights all work, tires & wheels look new.

steve-wis
That is a steal for a 6 X 10! Nice buy! I have a 4 X 8 and it is nice for one tractor, but too small for any more than that. I would love one the size of yours, but not sure my little Corolla would pull it with two tractors and a few other things on it. Steve

lampoulos
Nice score! I need one of those myself.

Kent
Me three... I need a 5x10 or 6x10... You stole it!

ridgerunner
Smoking deal, for sure.

Talntedmrgreen
WOW! $200 is rock bottom, even for some narly looking rigs I've seen. I'd be one proud papa if she were mine! Very nice... dOd

546cowboy
That's one heck of a deal. I've seen a bunch of ratty looking homemade trailers that people wanted $1000 for. Really a nice little trailer just right to go get those tractors you happen to run across. Easy to pull too.

rokon2813
Nice trailer at a nice price. Would never do for me though :O:O;);) You need at least 6 1/2 by 18 to get six on without stacking....(6 x 16 if they are all short wheel base foot draggers):D:D:D

GLPointon
Steve a 4 x 8 Menards trailer is what I used for many years. Is ok unless you find a pkg. deal with mower, blower, tiller, etc...I've been there a few times
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
That is a steal for a 6 X 10! Nice buy! I have a 4 X 8 and it is nice for one tractor, but too small for any more than that. I would love one the size of yours, but not sure my little Corolla would pull it with two tractors and a few other things on it. Steve

GLPointon
Dan your the only guy I know who's trailer will need a 100,000 mile service :D
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Nice trailer at a nice price. Would never do for me though :O:O;);) You need at least 6 1/2 by 18 to get six on without stacking....(6 x 16 if they are all short wheel base foot draggers):D:D:D

rokon2813
Greg, I'm sure the trailer I use is WELL beyond that. Its either a 1994 or 95, can't remember. It is used by no less than a half dozen people regularly, and probly another half dozen occasionally. I know I alone have had it as far east as the Cholchester Ct. show, and as far West as the Fort Worth Texas auto auction, and I don't own it. It's on its third set of wheel bearings, 4th or 5th set of lights, who knows how many tires, needs its 3rd deck, needs a new set of spring shackles and bolts, and has hauled literally everything I can think of, from scrap to full size trucks to lumber, rock, small buildings, small farm tractors, garden tractors etc. Little trailers just don't cut it around here LOL
quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
quote:

GLPointon
WOW...that was money WELL spent. That trailer woes nobody sm01
quote:
Greg, I'm sure the trailer I use is WELL beyond that. Its either a 1994 or 95, can't remember. It is used by no less than a half dozen people regularly, and probly another half dozen occasionally. I know I alone have had it as far east as the Cholchester Ct. show, and as far West as the Fort Worth Texas auto auction, and I don't own it. It's on its third set of wheel bearings, 4th or 5th set of lights, who knows how many tires, needs its 3rd deck, needs a new set of spring shackles and bolts, and has hauled literally everything I can think of, from scrap to full size trucks to lumber, rock, small buildings, small farm tractors, garden tractors etc. Little trailers just don't cut it around here LOL
quote:
quote:

rokon2813
quote:
The best (or worst) part, It can't be replaced for less than double what it cost new. It was bought at dealer cost and picked up at the factory in Ky? or Tn? Brand new it was just over $800 :O:O Of course, for that price it came without rims and tires.

GLPointon
I'm afraid it'll cost ya more than double...this 6 x 10 I got is priced here at Menards and Lowes for well over &1000. Yours likely has brakes, twin axle, and much bigger...size & price $$$
quote:
quote:
The best (or worst) part, It can't be replaced for less than double what it cost new. It was bought at dealer cost and picked up at the factory in Ky? or Tn? Brand new it was just over $800 :O:O Of course, for that price it came without rims and tires.

comet66
That's a heck of a price. Don't forget to check out the tire dates, wheel bearings and spring shackle bolts before going on a long trip.

Brettw
Even though it is made of steel, I'll bet it's lighter than aluminum. Heat rises, and that trailer must be HOT for a price like that!:D

GLPointon
Ya know Brett I was actually worried about that until I found out the seller was a ex-cop. It was his new wifes ex's husband's trailer. She got it from him & I got it from her with the best dicount ever: DIVORCE The cheapest things you can buy come from an ex who's dumping "THAT BAST-RD's" belongings...:D
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Even though it is made of steel, I'll bet it's lighter than aluminum. Heat rises, and that trailer must be HOT for a price like that!:D

dave7016
I'll give ya $300 for it.

Steve72
Real nice Greg---I too have been scouring the (Ohio) ads/Craigslist for a 5 x 10---and decent ones are running $500 to 1k. I would also like to eliminate the tall end gate and use a couple of separate ramps if possible and maybe add a toolbox on the front for my old engine parts etc... Looks like you have a real nice house too!!

GLPointon
Thanks Steve. I was amaized driving home how much drag that big ramp/gate has with no equipment onboard. I like the toolbow idea! The p.o. had a car battery mounted in case he needed to jumpstart a tractor. (It was used for a mowing buisness)

Sign in to follow this