Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
fpappal

Briggs 19D schematic needed

fpappal
Does anyone have a breakdown of the Briggs Model 19D? I found an owners manual, but it does not contain part numbers. I am looking for part numbers for various items like seals/gaskets/points etc. My local simplicity dealer told me all that info was on microfiche and he threw it away years ago. He told me it would cost $120 for a head gasket, points/condenser, and a carb rebuild kit. If I have some part numbers I would like to do a search for those parts on my own. thanks

DanD
Check this out. This is a link to Sears parts direct. They have a good parts lists and their prices are regular list prices. [url][/url]http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/BRIGGS-STRATTON-Parts/All-Products-Parts/Model-19DB00100030/1245/1503500 On their site, a head gasket is $7.55, points $22.95, condenser $7.95, and carb overhaul kit $22.95. The carb overhaul kit is item #121 on the second picture and there is a little picture of it that you can click on and see it. I don't know why some dealers have a cow about looking up parts for old products. I once needed a new headlight bulb for a 1976 Ski-doo snowmobile. The parts woman just about flipped because that wasn't in the computer and she's have to go get a book out. I guess a good old snowmobile should just be junked because the headlight is burned out. I told her to not get off from her stool and I ordered the bulb online. To some people, if you're not buying new stuff, then you're not worth bothering with, but you can be sure where I won't be when I do decide to buy something new!

MysTiK
It's not the first time I have seen this kind of struggle. And I have my own stories as well. And it's not the first time I have seen members of this forum come to the rescue - on the contrary, it happens perhaps more often than it should. I find myself often saving information that I might need later. There's a story behind all of this, and part of that story is that parts numbers changed several times, which caused stress and confusion. The lack of customer support re older machines may be related to that. But the low prioritization of said customers is not going to make for happy happy either. My own nearby simp dealer spins me off to his parts guy. Parts guy is simply in parts dept. physically, but he's really just a PITA guy rather than a real parts guy. Recently I was asked to wait 3-5 days while they looked through used parts tractor warehouse. 3-5 WEEKS went by before the OWNER suddenly was on my answering machine, and he had my parts - but I had already found a solution elsewhere (through this forum) and I did not bother to return his call. He said he was clearing up some "loose ends". What's unknown is how long were those "loose end" parts on the desk before he called me. And this was at least the third time I had turned to that same dealer for used parts for my olde allis. (fail, fail, fail). This same dealer is highly conversant in olde simp tractors. It's not for lack of knowledge - and so I can only assume it's low priority. But if little old me has been thwarted 3 times, I wonder how many others. The dealer once said to me "have you any idea how many of these were sold"? The parts are out there.

GrincheyOne
My Simp dealer has an emotional breakdown, when I walk in with a shopping list, and my 3" ring-binder of documents. Another dealer about 1 hour away, is more than happy to check into vintage parts. "Heck I have brand-new parts in the back, that date back to the 60's". "I heard of your Club; several members have been through here". "If I have it, it's yours at a reasonable price". EG lift rod for a 42"dozer blade for a 4200 series tractor (for $10). That dealer is primarily a Kabota dealer (over an acre of Orange). The most important thing they have at their counter is SERVICE.