Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kwik Way Loader Project

Mack

Have had this loader project sitting in the garage for a year or two now and its time to get it moving forward. This is how it has set for over a year now.

I've had a 416S rolling frame setting right outside the back door since last summer. So I decided to go with a shuttle trans. over the beloved Vickers. I think the shuttle will be a little advantage given the better control with the foot clutch when both hands are busy steering and operating loader controls. I had a 300 series front end available and decided that was a little beefier than the 400 front.

This pic shows the side pates overlapping the BGB area common to the 300/400 frame

400 front.

300 front.

Dang Mack , I like this project will be watching for more pics to so how's it's coming along and you going to do a restore on it all too. What motor you going to putting in the tractor.

Looks like fun Mack. Thanks for posting on the difference in the machines. Being unfamiliar with them, I never saw this before.

Bryan, First priority is to get everything fabricated and functional. Will worry about restoration later. As far as motor, I might go with the 12hp I got from you. My understanding is that a 12hp is powerful enough to run the loader pump and more HP is basically a waste for a dedicated loader tractor. If I were to switch to a hydro transmission I may want more HP to cover the higher load of running two pumps but for now I think a 12 will do. Here are a few pictures of what I have so far. There will be more bracing to the front and rear incorporating the pump, reservoir and rear weight carrier.

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Bryan, First priority is to get everything fabricated and functional. Will worry about restoration later.
If it is anything like my loader tractor, you will not want it out of service long enough to to do a restoration on it later.LOL I use mine all the time and could not imagine doing without it for more than a week or two. Nice to see this project moving forward, keep us posted. Dan

quote:
Originally posted by PeppyDan
quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Bryan, First priority is to get everything fabricated and functional. Will worry about restoration later.
If it is anything like my loader tractor, you will not want it out of service long enough to to do a restoration on it later.LOL I use mine all the time and could not imagine doing without it for more than a week or two. Nice to see this project moving forward, keep us posted. Dan
I'll second that! I don't bust my back on anything heavy anymore. Incredibly convenient... 8D

Nice project Mack...I want a loader like that too. I have just the tractor to mount it on ;) Those frame sideplates that overlap the BGB is what makes these good tractors for FEL's...as you know. Keep the pics coming sm01

The loader had some "issues" that needed taken of. There has been a previous attempt at repairing this that did not help much. Here are some before and after shots. Still a little clean up welding to do on it but it is sturdy now.

After doing a little grinding the true extent comes clear.

Looking a lot better.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Shaping up nicely Mack...I'm jealous of the self leveling feature...
Ditto, and ditto! ^

Spent some time on getting the sub frame/pump mount mocked up. Welded tabs onto the 2X2 tub steel to hang on the tractor hitch points. Looks like pump will be easier to mount on the front and be more protected there than back by the BGB PTO.

Looks like a good start Mack! Are you going to be mounting the tubes to the front with the two angle iron brackets? It appears from the pics that your front axle will not have enough room for movement but I can't tell for sure, can you clarify this for me? Thanks, Dan

This is the bracket that would hold the idler/tensioner pulleys for the mower deck. It bolts right to the frame. Had to do some mods. to it but looks good I think. Actually, this way the 2X2 tube steel is basically only the counter weight carrier and could be removed. Or it could be used to stiffen the uprights.

Now I see the connection, it looks like that will be very rigid and do a great job.Thanks for the update and keep up the good work! Dan

This is getting good. 8D

Bolts all tight here, looks good.

Need to figure out where to put the reservoir. A 5 1/2" OD X 5/8" Bore pulley for the pump and a belt. Getting a lot closer to oil up! Got a 16hp from(Osenga)the other day. Had a good time bsn with you Bryan and that 112 found a good home.:D

Mack I really like that pump mount dOd I may have to copy that. I've been thinking of flipping the lift cylinders so the hoses run under instead of using the pipes on top. I saw that on some others... Have you built a counterweight yet? can you show it? Good job so far, I will be following this closely now sm01