Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

paint

yukon

do you guys know what color would be the best match for an agco allis poor thing has sat out all its life by the looks of it

The paint color is actually called Deep Orange. Part number for the paint is 1685612 for quarts. Available at any Simplicity dealer (they may have to order it). It is in the back of the operators manual for your tractor and should be on the decal under the hood (mine is). They used the same color on the AGCO Allis 918H as they did the Sovereign 18.

try some polishing compound. you'll be surprised. If its really bad rub it down with some really fine steel wool and then go for the polishing compound. its worth a shot before you go re painting the whole machine. :)

While greasing, lubing and light oiling everything that moved on mine, I accidentally discovered wd-40 is a good cleaner. So I did the top of the hood, and half the scratches disappeared. Scotch brite scrubbers help with wheels, etc. Polishing or rubbing compound escalates to mild abrasion, with extra fine steel wool also abrasive. Similar fine wet sandpapers. Traces of touchup for patches. A guy who did full restos told me once you start painting, you will end up doing the whole thing. Full bore total disassembly resto = priceless. but it's a lot of work, and you might consider if you want a worker or a trailer queen for show. Just a quick overview from a guy who doesn't know much about paint. If you were selling that unit as is, I would be phoning you cos I think it looks nearly new, very good condition, with a trace of surface rust haze under the seat. Hard to say more without more detailed pix. my 2 pence. sm01

Hey - that Agco Allis 918H looks like mine, less the decals!!!! Nice find. Looks like you got the Kohler Command engine too. Can you start a thread on this tractor and post some pics of it and as you make progress on the restoration? What year is it? Good luck, Bill

Try cleaner wax for auto finish . It has polishing compound in it to buff away oxidation and water spots and such. I have a 7116 that had slightly dull paint. I cleaned with basic old Mr Clean and warm water. After it dried off I sprayed lemon Pledge on and wiped it down and it is looking real good .

this might be a donor tractor i also bought a 18 hp sovereign with a running triad with 853 hrs on the meter I'm hoping it will last a long time I'm going to use a synthetic oil in it here's a pic of the sovereign

Very nice Sovy...Looks good & Power steering too! That can't be the donor??? I'll trade you a real donor and some $ for that one...;)