Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4211 Carb Linkage

deezay

Can anyone with a 4211 post a picture of their carb linkage? I am unable to find any online that are good enough for me to make out what all is missing on a tractor I am looking at buying. Thanks in advance for the picture. -Andrew

email sent. Thanks for the help. Ray- I will get the manuals once I get the tractor home. I want to see if this is a repowered machine or not... Thinking about expanding to another tractor for me to tinker on... plus I have two snowblowers, and only one tractor.:D

I got the choke-a-matic figured out. I am missing the correct link, but ordered it today. How would one go about getting the steering wheel off of this model? It appears to be pressed on, as there is no nut under the cap. I looked at the parts manual but mine doesn't really match any of them. Thanks for the help so far!

Is there a threw bolt down low where the spokes meet the hub area. I think the early models had two flats on the shaft that where slightly tapered . The shaft had a threaded stud machined on . If it was rusted to the nut it would shear off when removing the nut. I put my legs under the wheel while sitting on the seat. Hit the shaft with aluminum drift and hammer. Should pop off. Penatrating oil may help.

Yeah, no bolts anywhere in the wheel. I'm assuming the threaded part is already broken off, as that is exactly what it looks like. i threw some pb blaster on it already. I'll try beating it with a hammer. Thanks alot.