Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

variable speed

RHA

No. At least not without the side plates, bgb, etc, which are a bit differen to accomodate the variable. The plates are longer, and the BGB shaft is too. The B-110 frame will have the mount for your variable lever, with a plug in it, but I believe your input shaft on the tranny will need to be longer as well.

Not to mention the cross support for the seat pan is located farther back because of the longer wheel base. I would ask, why would you want to do this? Variables are a PITA if any of the parts are worn, and the main drive belt is expensive. John U

Unless your 3 speed set up is totally worn out, I would keep it. I have a bunch of variables all good machines. I like the 3 speed models too, short wheelbase has it's advantages! Just sayin'!:O

It's not that it wouldn't fit, it just isn't as easy as swapping the rear end by itself. If don't mind swapping the dash tower too it would fit. Then it's a question of wether or not your swapping good for worse or vice versa!:D