Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

identify pulley?

TimJr
Has anyone seen one before? I haven't tried to run the number anywhere yet. Starts out 1650 - then can't read it. Cast iron, 1/2" belt, 3 bolt holes, 4 1/4" OD. Tim

1Litre
Looks like the lower center pulley on the 60" PowerMax deck but it should have a keyway. Maybe a conversion pulley for the 42 and 48 decks that had the double V bonded belt to go to single belt.

D-17_Dave
Looks simular to a Powermax deck center drive pulley for the left hand discharge decks used on the 5015/5020 tractors with diesel engines as they need a smaller driven pulley due to the slower engine top rpm. But, I have one of those pulley's and this one is different. I think Mine is a touch larger in diam. and it shouldn't have threads in the pulley,onlythe spindle top drive hub where the pulley would bolt to. That does look like the correct machine edge and bolt pattern for that style deck. I wonder if this pulley can be double stacked to drive a discharge blower fan for a none oem bagger or something.

Chris727
It looks like its for a small belt, possibly 3/8." Its different from the standard 42" center arbor pulley. They had a larger center hole to accommodate the nut retaining the adaptor hub. I wonder if this is not a Simplicity part?

TimJr
Do the PowerMax tractors use one or two belts off the back of the engine for the clutch? I was thinking about the mower input too, but forgot how large the center hole is on those. I wish the other numbers could be read. Thanks though. Tim

1Litre
The top pulley has the large center hole that centers on the boss that is on this pulley. This pulley is the one that the nut would go on top of. Still there is no key slot to drive to the shaft.

BLT
Don't know if it would work on weed cutter either. Driven pully looks like a four bolt affair. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqM5rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq