Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spout rotator, different setup

Brettw

BLT asked me to post the spout rotator that I set up. Bob gave me the window motor for a standard set up, and also gave me a window motor unit, with the cable, track and actuator. Being skilled with a sawzall and in the proper mind set with a few pops, I decided to try something different. I cut off the track assembly and kept the cables. I then set it up as seen by the photos. I had to add cable and cable crimp clamps. This setup is quick without being so fast you cannot control it. And it seems to work quite well, however, with the little bit of snowfall we have gotten, it never went through a good heavy duty season trial run. I then hand bent some aluminum sheet stock to protect it from the majority of the snow and salt. It's in bed now until next winter, but I was able to take some pics. Questions on the install, PM me. Questions on the motor assembly, you would have to PM BLT. Not sure where it came from or what flavor it was.

Oh, and thanks again to Bob, BLT for the parts and help!

Looks very good. BLT want kind enough to provide a motor for me and I had found an orginal Simplicity mounting bracket to fit. Had to re drill the holes to mount the motor, but so far o good. Working on the wiring and switch, and "should" be done for next year...! Should any more snow show it's face, guess the hand turner will do. :I

Front wheel weights are for a mid 90's Broadmoor / Regent rear tires, but fit on the front so I used them. They did help in the steering department to some extent. But on dry pavement you'd better be moving at a good pace or have arms like Popeye to turn the steering wheel. Then I took them off along with the blower and installed the HD tiller for the sake of fitting it and seeing how it hooked up. With that thing on the back and no front wheel weights, it's like power steering now!8D

For the one I built with a 7/8" 12pt 3/8 sq drive socket, any GM unit '94 to '99. Take the socket along for fit. On what Brett built any GM unit '00 to '05. Can't tell you about later years as I haven't seen manyon the bone yard yet. Here is a prouct book to look thru. http://www.dormanproducts.com/Pages/getmore/printedmaterials.html