Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Troy Bilt tiller

PatterBrian

I have on old Troy Bilt tiller. Can't find service manual online. Does anybody know of a forum like this one where I can look for advice. I'm having trouble seeing how to tighten up the belts.

Yes, I've tried MTD. The require an 11 digit serial number. Mine is 6. My model number isn not in their online system. I can't get to a person on their phone without these, either. Troy bilt used to have a special phone number to call to figure out the old models. Another good company which supported their products down to tube to takeover by a company with a bad service attitude.

When MTD ngr2 bought up Troy-bilt they soon NLA'd all the old parts for Chippers, tillers everything. Pretty much did the same with Bolens/FMC. Something about reduced liability etc. Had a hard time finding parts for my Troy-bilt Tomahawk chipper.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
    • airgunner
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts