Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

starting to get this ...

HerbP

This friday, I arrived at the acreage to a driveway that had about 8 inches of snow but worse yet, a 3 foot tall berm built by the county snowplow... So I parked at the side of the road and hiked in to my garage; opened the garage door and started Superintendent Chalmers. It was a nice warm day so I dispensed with my jacket, put on my hat and shades, and drove out of the garage. Fired up the front PTO and started blowing snow. I drove out all the way to the road and carved a path through the snow and carved back to the house... a 100inch wide path all the way to the house. I parked the truck, put the food in the fridge and went back outside. I got a total of 3 hours of seat time, in the sun, blowing snow... I even cleared stuff that I wouldn't normally bother clearing, because it was just a good time. At the end of it all, my cheeks hurt, because I must have been grinning ear to ear the whole time...

In those 3 hours, you couldnt even get a picture for us Herb?? Sounds like fun though. Glad you enjoyed it. I dont think Ill ever experience something like that down here in NC.

David, Do you even own a plow or a blower being that you live in North Carolina? Rick......... (just a bit north of you in Maine)

I find myself clearing the driveways of my neighbors just to have more tractor time. And they all think that I'm just a nice guy.. If they only knew how greedy I was really being. ;)

I took the snow blower off the B-10 today getting ready to hook up the rejuvenator as soon as it drys up a little. It's been warm all winter and today it was 73 deg. The grass is starting to green up.

quote:
Originally posted by rfsmith1952
I'm about to expend my last hope for snow: I'm taking the chains off the T-10 ;-))
oh, no... its gonna snow now...

Rick, matter of fact, I do have a blower for my 7790. and around here the word plow means something you turn the dirt with, not push snow. LOL. I doubt ill ever use this blower though. On the upside, I will be mowing the grass tomorrow for the 3rd time this year!!! 80 degress tomorrow.

Calling for 78 here today. Perfect weather to prime the Squire. I still haven't pulled the dozer and chains yet, but once my Squire parts are painted, I'm going to need as much garage space as possible, and the winter gear is gonna go! Things are so warm, that even if we did get a cold spell, it would melt off in a hurry.

Rick, Back in '93 here in the western Piedmont/foothills area of North Carolina we got 29-36 inches according to the news. 48 inches was the lowest I was able to measure but I guess it drifts up here on the hill I live on. Anyway, that was a huge snow and unlike anything I've heard of in this area..And still it was gone in a week except for some shaded areas. I've worked for 3 small tractor dealers over the years and I've never seen a snow blower in person. In fact, Dave is the first person in NC I've heard of who owns a blower. Most times snow falls one day and is gone the next.

Terry, this is my second snow blower that Ive owned. The first came with a Sears Hydro-Trac I bought in PA. Traded the blower for an engine last spring. The blower I have now came with the 7790 and was sold with it when bought new in 1987 in Winston Salem. And I bought the 7790 from a man in Banner Elk so he would definitly get more snow than me, but he said he had never used it. That was also the first machine I bought with chains on it.