Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HerbP

Powermax in my area - Needs a new hydro pump

HerbP
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-Utility-Tractor-W0QQAdIdZ361856735 I'm thinking $1300 might be 'ok' but I don't know how many hen's teeth it's going to cost to get a hydraulic pump... I'm thinking if my CCKB ever cacked it, I'd be happy to have a functional spare but I could also do a repower for about the same amount ... The rear mounted plow might come in handy. I don't need another tiller ... Tires look good. Maybe overall it's not a bad deal but certainly not a steal... The "must sell ASAP" might indicate they'd let it go for a bit less.

midnightpumpkin
Herb, here is how I would look at it. The tiller would sell for $450 to $500. The back blade $250 to $300. A spare CCKB in good running condition $350-$500. Using the low end of my numbers, the 3 items could be sold for $1050, leaving an investment of $250 in the rest of the tractor. The working rear PTO parts are worth at least $250. It doesn't sound like too bad a deal. I believe you could part it out and make some pretty good money. I would investigate why the seller thinks it needs a hydro pump, it could be an easy fix, then you would really be golden. That's my take on it. John U