Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 paint

bud119195

Been working on the 725 and was wondering what you guys are using on the 700/725's ? every pic I look at is different.Would like to get close to origional or else I will just go withe the 1607 Chevy orange.Thanks

Probably a preference thing. Some folks like the orange, some folks like the original color with more red to it. I've heard Ford Red somewhere, and I know some folks use the AC or Corp Orange.

quote:
Originally posted by osenga
The 700's were orange and the 725 have more red to them.
Todd take a look at this. I think this is as close to an original paint finish that I have seen. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120509

I shot a spot of DE1607 onto the transaxle of my 575 and I can barely see it. I wish they would sell it in quart cans. And if you're going to show the 725 and 575 side by side, I would shoot the same paint.dOddOd

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
I shot a spot of DE1607 onto the transaxle of my 575 and I can barely see it. I wish they would sell it in quart cans. And if you're going to show the 725 and 575 side by side, I would shoot the same paint.dOddOd
I'm thinking of using the 1607 orange so that it wont look out of place with the rest even though It originally was closer to red. I have used the same color on everything else so I guess I will stay with what I have been doing

Chevy orange(1607) is pretty close, but my personal one is closer to "Hemi orange" I forget what that number is. When I repainted my dad's one I used off the shelf AC corp orange just so he could get touch ups a lot easier(I would have too if I noticed).

I like the more red color. I sprayed a panel with DE1607 and had an auto paint store computer match it. Their color came out a tad darker but I like it. I used it on my 700 hood. I have the codes for PPG on my other computer and will post them later.