Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I think I have a disease...

DanD

or at least a mild mental disorder. It was so nice tonight, I got out my new Sovereign and took the front wheel bearings apart and greased them..a terribly messy job. I then unbolted each end of the tie rod and put grease around the bushing that wears as you steer. Wouldn't a normal person just ignore the front wheel bearings and maybe put a few drops of oil on the tie rod ends? I guess I'm not normal...I sure do feel good after I do a piddly little job like that that I know will help everything last longer.

Hi, You can save disassembling the tie rods, with red grease in a spray can. It goes on like liquid and then solidifies to a grease consistency, Al Eden

You won't find much in the way of "normal", around here. Most of us can be pretty close to obsessed, when it comes to our equipment;)

Attention to the details, and going the extra mile, provides peace of mind that'll last as long as your tractor. Tractor time doesn't always involve sitting in the seat either.dOddOd

quote:
Originally posted by DanD
or at least a mild mental disorder. I guess I'm not normal...I sure do feel good after I do a piddly little job like that that I know will help everything last longer.
For a lot of us, there isn't much of a cure for that either.dOd^