Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Update on my B-210 still need help with var.spd.dr

gr-made

I took apart my variable speed drive today, ( not too bad to do ) checked out everything and cleaned up a few things. When apart it appears that everything wants to work. Put it back together and started engine while rear end was off ground on jack. I was not able to get the variable speed shifter to shift. When transmission is in gear I got a occasional squeal. My guess is bearing is going on rear pulley, the one off the tranny fork and when put in gear causes occasional squealing ? Spun free when apart ? ideas ?

Al, Have you tried the vari-drive adjustment instructions in the service section of Simple trACtors?They seem a bit complicated at first,but they work if you follow them step by step.

try following the adjustments to the "T"..I had all sorts of little quiks with mine on a vary worn B112, like clutch worked only in hi or low or somewhere inbetween til I spend the time to adj it all presice thanks to advise off this site. the squeal might be your clutch engagement pulley since it seems you only get it while under load. I got a needle from local clinic and inject these ole sealed bearing with Pro-long, figuring the grease is 40 years old. heck, I was startin to get a little stiff at 40..good luck...MPH