Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Tilling Rig

SmilinSam
Tilled up my gardens today with old faithful. been serving me well for several years now. Added the tires and weight I got from Rokon last November. Soon to add Reeds welded dish wide Wheels too..dOd
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/006-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/007.jpg[/img]

SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by deezay
Nice rig. Why two lift levers? Does one work for the front and one with the rear?
Right hand lift, copied from an original. Runs a blade on the front at the same time you have a tiller or other rear attachment on. I bent the pin on the plate and need to straighten it up one of these days to get rid of the stiff spot in the swing. I got this and two other tractors from the same guy over by Geneseeo Illinois a few years back. This, a 712S and a 712H. At one time I had all 3 running. The 712S died first and I used parts from it to fix up the 712H, which blew the engine last year. Its still sitting next to the 210 in the back of the shed for a decision..

deezay
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by deezay
Nice rig. Why two lift levers? Does one work for the front and one with the rear?
Right hand lift, copied from an original. Runs a blade on the front at the same time you have a tiller or other rear attachment on. I bent the pin on the plate and need to straighten it up one of these days to get rid of the stiff spot in the swing. I got this and two other tractors from the same guy over by Geneseeo Illinois a few years back. This, a 712S and a 712H. At one time I had all 3 running. The 712S died first and I used parts from it to fix up the 712H, which blew the engine last year. Its still sitting next to the 210 in the back of the shed for a decision..
Thanks for the info, if you get a chance.. I'd like to see some better pics of this setup. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this