Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tilling Rig

SmilinSam

Tilled up my gardens today with old faithful. been serving me well for several years now. Added the tires and weight I got from Rokon last November. Soon to add Reeds welded dish wide Wheels too..dOd
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/006-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/007.jpg[/img]

Looks very good! Some day I hope to have a tiller, but the walk behind Simplicity dues the job. Great job!

It beats the other option, walking behind it. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/Tilling.JPG :D:D

quote:
Originally posted by deezay
Nice rig. Why two lift levers? Does one work for the front and one with the rear?
Right hand lift, copied from an original. Runs a blade on the front at the same time you have a tiller or other rear attachment on. I bent the pin on the plate and need to straighten it up one of these days to get rid of the stiff spot in the swing. I got this and two other tractors from the same guy over by Geneseeo Illinois a few years back. This, a 712S and a 712H. At one time I had all 3 running. The 712S died first and I used parts from it to fix up the 712H, which blew the engine last year. Its still sitting next to the 210 in the back of the shed for a decision..

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by deezay
Nice rig. Why two lift levers? Does one work for the front and one with the rear?
Right hand lift, copied from an original. Runs a blade on the front at the same time you have a tiller or other rear attachment on. I bent the pin on the plate and need to straighten it up one of these days to get rid of the stiff spot in the swing. I got this and two other tractors from the same guy over by Geneseeo Illinois a few years back. This, a 712S and a 712H. At one time I had all 3 running. The 712S died first and I used parts from it to fix up the 712H, which blew the engine last year. Its still sitting next to the 210 in the back of the shed for a decision..
Thanks for the info, if you get a chance.. I'd like to see some better pics of this setup. Thanks!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PRMax9020
    • wsherm
    • Bill725
    • Ronald Hribar
    • rspjr1
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts