Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can you believe...

SmilinSam

...in the twenty or so years I have been into garden trators, that I have never atually put a mower deck on a FDT and mowed with one?:O Should I get my Shorty FDT hydro hybrids and put decks on them and get them all dirty?:D

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
...in the twenty or so years I have been into garden trators, that I have never atually put a mower deck on a FDT and mowed with one?:O Should I get my Shorty FDT hydro hybrids and put decks on them and get them all dirty?:D
With your layout, why would you want to putz with a mere 42"deck?sm00

Yeah, like Bob says, You'll have to add a cup holder and a cooler to the machine to keep your ice cream cold. Or maybe mow a small section just to say you can.:D:D

Careful, you mow with a foot dragger, other than size you may never want to go back. :D:D Mike...think we can convert another one sm06sm06sm06

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Careful, you mow with a foot dragger, other than size you may never want to go back. :D:D Mike...think we can convert another one sm06sm06sm06
I know that I am converted. I will take a cone clutch any day:D.

Sam, Watch out, those short wheelbase tractors are hard on you back. They don't ride as smooth as the long ones. LOL They turn so much sharper that you will be planting more trees and shrubbery just so you have something to mow around. I have mowed with both and will take an RBT over a FDT any time to mow with. Of course some think I am weird because I like to mow with a shuttle transmission. Rod

When I bought my wife the Big Ten for her birthday years ago ^, it had a deck on it. Mowed a little took off the deck, and it has been a working tractor ever since }:) sm03! I currently mow with the 917H, hopefully this summer with the 716H That I have been collecting parts to refurb.

You guys are too funny:D
quote:
Originally posted by RayS
quote:
I know that I am converted. I will take a cone clutch any day:D.
Now thats where it gets interesting. The 2012H operates the deck with the old PTO setup, while the HB-110 runs it off a cone clutch 900 series style. Guess I can do a comparrison. As to my layout, as fate would have it I sold my Zero turn. So.. I would usually mow with a rbt and a 48. However... both 48" mowers I have are on the repair list with cracks, bad bearings and other Misc bugs to iron out. That leaves me mowing with the Cub Cadet and its 54" deck. Mows nice, but I need to trim around the edges and obstacles with a smaller deck. Looks like opportunity to try something new:p

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Sam, Watch out, those short wheelbase tractors are hard on you back. They don't ride as smooth as the long ones. LOL They turn so much sharper that you will be planting more trees and shrubbery just so you have something to mow around. I have mowed with both and will take an RBT over a FDT any time to mow with. Of course some think I am weird because I like to mow with a shuttle transmission. Rod
I dont know about hard on the back, but the pan seat on the 2012 is sure hard on my boney butt:D Going to have to dig through the wifes sewing supplies and find a thicker foam pad to supplement withdOd

quote:
I dunno, Sam, I distinctly remember years ago you mentioning that you cut grass with a B10. BEFORE YOU PARTED IT OUT......:O

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
quote:
I dunno, Sam, I distinctly remember years ago you mentioning that you cut grass with a B10. BEFORE YOU PARTED IT OUT......:O
Did I?:|| After a few hundred tractors I suppose I could have, must not have been a very memorable experiencedz Cant remember a running B-10...unless it was that one painted IH Red..Kinda hard to forget that one. But then again I didnt part that one out.;) Bought that and a boatload of attachments from a guy that had goen in to have a cancerous lung removed. they removed the wrong lung. So, sadly he was selling his stuff off so his wife didnt have to deal with it. Wont ever forget that tractor. I think I sold it to KenK?? Anyhow apparently suffering from CRS... it must be time for a refresher:D Got a 42 about ready for the 2012. Got to sharpen the blades on the other 42 for the HB-110

When I had the "un-wooded property 1+ acres) I mowed with my 2110 FDT and a 42 deck. Now "in the woods (11 acres), with lots of turns, and maneuvering; I use my RBT 4212LTG, and a 36" deck. It has excellent turn capability; whenever the 12HP is running well. Still prefer the larger rollers on the 42" deck.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Do you have a lunch wagon going to the outers ends of the Pondee? :D
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/SA1.jpg[/img]

I know that lane... The stripes might have worked just as well as the sign. :D

I dont know about a lunch wagon Bob, but sometimes I'd like to put together a tool wagon to drive around to the outer ends. Kent, I still remember the trailer load of goodies you had on the last time you came down that lane. dOd Hey, does anyone know if I can put my newer 900 series deck on the 2012 with the old style PTO and have it work without changing the pulley on it?

I think you should be OK. My 3112 had 48" deck and it was run with diameter drive pulley, I think. Or Check out "What Fits"

I measured the difference and its only about 1/2". Also, dou you need to have the square wire guide on the rear of the deck for the belt to go through?

quote:
I measured the difference and its only about 1/2". Also, dou you need to have the square wire guide on the rear of the deck for the belt to go through?
I R lost there. Why would you need a guide on a tensioned belt? The only loose belt is on the PTO side where the little pulley flops back and forth?

quote:
Originally posted by leeave96
I give up - what is FTD? Bill
FDT = foot dragger tractor (no running boards) RBT = running board tractor

quote:
I don't know, It's hard to come over from the Dark side.....:O:D:D

Cavemen... Living in the stone age.. Dragging their feet:D
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
I R lost there. Why would you need a guide on a tensioned belt? The only loose belt is on the PTO side where the little pulley flops back and forth?
I dont know why, but they are on the footdragger decks I have in the junk pile, including the one off the 210 I got a while back. Unless they put it there to keep from rubbing the paint off the top of the deck????, or as a stop of sorts so it wont engage when the deck is up??? Its bolted across the tops of the cover plates at the back. Then there are also 2 safety loops, one bolted on each cover. Someone once said what they were for but I dont remember.