Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3416 Questions

leeave96

I have a chance to buy a parts Simplicity 3416. A fellow in my neighborhood has one that he wants out of his yard. This tractor has a 16 hp engine on it and a 48 inch mower deck that I'm interested in, along with a few other miscellaneous things. My question is - will the deck from one of these tractors fit my Agco-Allis 918H (aka: Sovereign) and what about the engine? If it turns out my Kohler CH18 needs a serious rebuild, I might be interested in using the 16 hp engine on the 3416 as a stand-in. How much of a straight bolt-in is this engine vs. the Kohler? Thanks!!!!!!!! Bill

Deck will fit and so will the motor. Will need a different drive shaft. The front two holes for the oil pan are already drilled. You would need to drill the back two. You would need the wiring harness as well since the 3416 has the old style voltage regulator and starter generator. Whats wrong with the command?

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Whats wrong with the command?
Not sure anything is wrong with the CH18, but the closer I get, the more I'm thinking not much compression. I haven't got far enough to know, but it is a looming possibility. So I'm thinking about a plan B just in case. Thanks, Bill

How much is the compression. I don't think kohler releases a figure on what is acceptable. Mine was around 145psi. When I check out my Command. I know Honda does for my GX620.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
How much is the compression. I don't think kohler releases a figure on what is acceptable. Mine was around 145psi. When I check out my Command. I know Honda does for my GX620.
Ray - I haven't got to the compression reading yet. First thing I'm going to do after I put the new crank seal in is a vacuum test per the service manual. After that, I will do a leak down test - but I need to get the necessary gauge for doing it. I believe these Commands have automatic compression release ACR and that is the reason for a leak down test. Thanks! Bill