Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

Ready to do some gardens

larry8200
I have 6 lined up so far, and some prospects. The disk harrow isnt working (needs bearings). I plan on breaking ground on some new gardens this week with the moldboard, and finnishing them all with the roto-tiller in May. Might go over them all with the plow just to see whats there for rocks. One at least is BAD. Even after I have rebuilt the disk harrow, I doulbt I could talk anyone into using it anyway when I have roto-tiller that leaves an about perfect seed bed. Well, should be fun breaking in Daves NOS moldboard. About time!!! :D

RickS
Larry, You have quite the team! I think it is a good idea to go over the gardens, new or old, with the plow first. Less chance you will break something if you the plow on something than the tiller. Rick.......

Homesteader
nice looking fleet. looks like im doing my tilling with a walk behind. the 42" i have for the 310 broke last year. i dont know what happened but it was a loud bang then lots of oil spewing from the case. have had too many projects and not enough time to fix it

gwiseman
Larry I like the custom hood top mounted B210 lightbar. Had a custom outfront lightbar on a B112 formerly owned by a school district. Gives them unique character!

larry8200
Yup, Going over them all with the moldboard is a good idea, might actually take less time overall. The Homelite T-16H is going to get at least a nice paint job and maybe more. The custom light brackets on the B210 are nice with snowblower. In the meantime the temp has been below freezing and the ground has re froze putting gardens on hold. :(

timflury
Just remember when you are cutting sod Larry, Cable tv and telephone lines are only like 4-6" below grade. My garden is within two feet of my neighbors tv and telephone wires.

Sign in to follow this