Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got some dirt turned!

mowinman2

Just got back from the 5th Annual Redneck Plow Day down in Travelers Rest SC. Had a great time meeting new folks and seeing some old friends. 53 tractors were plowing today but not a single Allis or Simplicity turned dirt. 1 of each were brought in to the swap meet, but it seems that most people in these parts have either IH or JD. Anyways, regardless of what pulled the plows, I thought you guys might like to see the pics I took. There are a lot. Over 200 I think. We got there a day early so the first set of pics is us going on a ride about with the plow day host. Then some more guys got there so we plowed Friday evening. That was the easiest nicest turning dirt Ive ever plowed. When you see the JD 300 "industrial" thats the beginning of the Saturday plowing. The very last picture is of my newly acquired Brinly 3pt tandem discs. Enjoy the slide show: http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/5th%20Annual%20Redneck%20Plow%20Day/?albumview=slideshow

Great shots ! Glad you had a good time. Any idea what the smallish purple tractor in the next to the last set of pictures was ? Only saw it in the one and it wasn't centered in the picture then.

I which I could have made it this year. David maybe we can get our (2) 7790 together next year and show them what they can do.Great pictures and sure looks like it was fun. How far away did some of those fellows come from?

Sure had a good turn out! Glad the weather cooperated enough to pull it off. :D Sure wish it wasn't so far...would be an awful lot of fun, and a special opportunity to be the only Port Washington built equipment plowing!

That looks like so much fun. Wonder if that guy with those turf-style tires had traction issues? I always liked the big tractor, heavy-duty look of those Power Kings. That one Johnny diesel sure has a lot of weight hanging off those rear rims. Thanks for sharing.

quote:
Originally posted by Tarheel
Great shots ! Glad you had a good time. Any idea what the smallish purple tractor in the next to the last set of pictures was ? Only saw it in the one and it wasn't centered in the picture then.
Here is another shot of it. Its a "ball burner" Wheel Horse. The plow day host owns it. Bought it from my neighbor actually. Runs smooth enough that you could balance a nickle on its hood.

quote:
Originally posted by Blazerjeepman3
I which I could have made it this year. David maybe we can get our (2) 7790 together next year and show them what they can do.Great pictures and sure looks like it was fun. How far away did some of those fellows come from?
Larry, that would be great! I would love to plow with mine. We definitly wouldnt have to worry about bugs bothering us, as mine would smoke them all out! The furthest away award went to the father and son duo from Kansas City, Missouri. That was very impressive to see them show up. The next furthest was a gentleman that came down from PA just to take pictures!!! I couldnt believe that. There was another guy there from PA, but his brother live in the next town over so he made a week long trip out of it. Then, there was a guy from Louisville KY, and 4 guys came from Alabama. Im glad this plowing hobby is growing. Its really fun, and it allows you to get out there and meet so many like minded individuals that are just as "sick" as you are.

quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
One of the Green guys has been at a Minnesota plow day.
Yes, that would be Rick, from Missouri. He and I were talking about that actually.

quote:
Originally posted by goodtimo
That looks like so much fun. Wonder if that guy with those turf-style tires had traction issues? I always liked the big tractor, heavy-duty look of those Power Kings. That one Johnny diesel sure has a lot of weight hanging off those rear rims. Thanks for sharing.
The turf tires were just about useless in that wet mud that was on the surface. Once you got down 2 inches, the dirt was still good and roll-able, but by then, the turfs were already filled with mud.

quote:
Originally posted by Allisgrandson
What about the Wheelhorse with big front end? That doesn't look stock.
The big grill on the Wheel Horse is stock for sure. Its one of the "D" series tractors. They have twin cylinder Onans on them. Built like tanks. 3pt hitches and rear PTOs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • Tarheel
    • BMinor0788
    • rich_kildow
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts