Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

Sluggish Big 10 Motor-Solved

bowhunt4life
Riddle me this Batman? On Tuesday night I tilled the garden with my Big 10. Cranked right over and ran great. Parked the unit. Went out Friday night to use the Big 10 and when I cranked her over it was slow and sluggish to turn over, no pep or pop whatsoever. Pulled the battery and charged it full. Went out this Sunday AM to try and get her to start and even with a full battery she still turns over slow and sluggish. Clutch is in, no attachments engaged. BGB spins nicely and freely and all gears are tight. Rolls nicely in neutral. Any thoughts or suggestions? Youtube link to motor turning over below. [url]http://youtu.be/Yn2f9DVarUk[/url] Thanks, Chris

bowhunt4life
Well Yellow B10 stopped over and we were looking at he motor. We turned it over and notice a strand of smoke coming off one of starter generator posts. The connection as loose and the post was stripped. The far and of the generator opposite the belt was very warm?? Wondering if I need a good starter generator? Yellow B10 and I are going to take cover off starter generator and replace the post. Anyone have good generator they might part with PM me. Thanks Chris

bowhunt4life
Took starter generator off and the coating around the copper wire was melted, Yellow B10 and I put a generator together and am going to put on and cross fingers. Well same generator guts of mine, with a different casing and still sluggish results. ugh!