Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some Michigan Stripes

RayS

Ray, That looks great. Here in Maine my lawn has yet to green up. Still has the winter color to it. No snow so the sun is working its magic. Rick........

Cut mine on Thursday. Didn't want to take the tiller off yet, but Barb's Grandmother turned 95 and we were hosting the party. Lawn was looking shabby and definitely in need of being cut, so off with the tiller and on with the deck and vac.

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Lawn was looking shabby and definitely in need of being cut.
Was going to wait a week, but 'cowlicks' convinced me otherwise.;)
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Spring2012a.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Spring2012b.jpg[/img]

Ray, once you start, you can't quit till it dries up or dies 8) I'm holding out here...it's grean, and has patches off tall stuff, but I just don't wanna yet ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen I'm holding out here...it's grean, and has patches off tall stuff, but I just don't wanna yet ;)
Ditto!

I took the 64 landlord out today and cut the first stripes of the season. Ah, a good feeling seeing those stripes. Nothing finer.

My 4212LTG "Field Queen" decided to throw the deck belt on the last cut of the season. If anyone has fooled around with that bolt placement on the vertical drive belt stops, you are bound to spout more than a few expletives. I guess I'll have to put a halt on my 2110 project, clean up the 36" deck, and install the new belt. My daughter would like me to get it off of the top of the microwave! HAPPY STRIPPING Wayne

Between the rain and the sun, Mine has been cut twice already this week and really could stand it again. I can't recall it ever growing quite so fast before.