Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JJ MARSHALL

transmissions

JJ MARSHALL
Will the variable speed transmission interchange with shuttle transmission ? the shuttle is in a A/C and the variable in a SIMPLICITY ? will all the pulleys interchange? THANK JJ

Kent
The controls, pulleys and linkage are not the same. The easiest way to do it is simply split the tractor at the BGB, and replace the whole back half, then swap out the linkage and control lever.

JJ MARSHALL
I'm sorry everyone i just want to get this straight i am trying to sell a person a transmission and i don't want to tell this person wrong. as i understand this he can take the variable transmission and change it to a shuttle. by using his pulleys and linkage. THANKS JJ

HubbardRA
I just installed a shuttle into a B112. Bolted in the entire shuttle tranny including sideplates and BGB. Clutch hooked up directly. Shift hooked up directly. I had to do some fabrication to get the variable lever to become a shuttle lever. Had to use the shift quadrant from a shuttle and mount it in a different position on the dash. I also had to cut and weld the shuttle shift rod to get it to fit properly inside the frame. Not too big of a job. It is shown in this post on my B112: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119266

midnightpumpkin
quote:
Originally posted by JJ MARSHALL
I'm sorry everyone i just want to get this straight i am trying to sell a person a transmission and i don't want to tell this person wrong. as i understand this he can take the variable transmission and change it to a shuttle. by using his pulleys and linkage. THANKS JJ
NO. The variable transmission is a 3 speed with reverse, the shuttle transmission is 4 forward gears, no reverse. The shuttle planetary provides the reverse. John U