Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CCKB Electronic Ignition

npalen

Onan had an electronic conversion kit made of a trigger device that you install inside the old points box. I recall it was pricey at over 100.00 several years ago. I'm just about to reassemble my CCKB today and I'm going to play with a different conversion. I'll let you know how I make out.

• 5 months later...
I wouldn't mind giving the points saver a try from the above supplier. I did not go with the electronic version of a Performer Onan engine on my recent engine swap. The reason is I'd have to make an adapter to drive the trigger off the crank as the Performer engines have an extra key way to time the trigger. Also you'll loose the ability to "tweak" the timing. Also on my long block I picked up it has a built in timing advance for the point's plunger and I wanted to keep the advance feature. The trigger mentioned above would be the best of both worlds if I get irritated I might get one and give it a shot. For the money it would be hard to beat if it works.