Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
midnightpumpkin

ID of 42" deck

midnightpumpkin
Last fall I bought a 7013S that had a newer mower deck on it. Today, I started the process of refurbishing this deck. The numbers on the label are 0022 and 810538. I tried using the 810538 as a mfg number to download a manual, it came back with no results. Is this an AC number? The deck was painted white. Anyone have a manual for this deck or a number that I can use to download a manual. Thanks, John U

RayS
The deck is 1690022 it is a simplicity number. Used on a Broadmoor, but will work for what you want it for. May need to change the hitch. I used the spindles and some hardware from one to restore a 42 inch deck I use on a Sovereign. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8bwM0rE3Cwa5kbp796Dq

midnightpumpkin
Thanks Ray, The fact that it is a Broadmoor deck explains a few things. The front hitch attachment point is weak and caused severe stress cracks in the deck shell. I am going to try to salvage it, using the front hitch parts from a landlord deck. At least now I know what I am working with. John U