Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tractor and tiller question

gudgean

i purchased a tiller and tractor at a farm auction over the weekend and when trying to install the tiller i realize the pto on the tiller is on the right and the pto on the tractor is on the left. the tractor is simplicity sovereign 7116 id#1690658 with electric lift and rear lift the tiller is a 1690393 can these two be mated?

Not without a lot of work and modification. That tractor is a large frame Garden Tractor, and the tiller is for a smaller frame Lawn tractor. The 7116 has a horizontal shaft engine, and the tractors that tiller is built for have verticals.

I BELIEVE i can rig the tractor to accept the mounting of it but raising and lowering and powering may be tough. can the pulley system be removed and installed on the left side? than somehow running a belt to the pto? anyone done this before? or better yet does anyone have a tiller that would mount up and would they be willing to trade?

i paid my dues!! i believe i am stuck with this fine old tractor so i will periodically need to pick the brains and parts bins of you fine fellas. thank you for haveing such a needed resource available to suckers like me who go to farm auctions.

quote:
Originally posted by gudgean
i paid my dues!! thank you for haveing such a needed resource available to suckers like me who go to farm auctions.
First of all welcome to the club. And for your second remark I would advise that you to stand in a long line. I doubt if there isn't anyone here that hasn't rode under the bus about a deal.;) If you post a picture to see what you have, you might be able to recoup your cost by posting an ad. Tillers are popular. Anything that you can ride versus walking behind draws attention.dOd