Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign w /Power Steering Questions

leeave96

I've got a friend that has a Simplicity Sovereign, power steering and Kohler Command OHV 18 hp engine. I'm trying to talk him out of it. I feel the tractor has higher hours in that he mows about 1-ish acres and the tractor is at least 15 yrs old. Tractor seems to run good, sheet metal is intact and the tractor has a front blade too. I'm thinking this tractor probably has between 750 and 1000 hours - more likely 1000. Question is - what would be a fair price. If I can get him to sell it to me, I'd like a good deal, but don't want to take advantage of him either. After my Agco-Allis 918H headaches, I'd like a tractor that will actually run from the get go... sm01 Thanks! Bill

$1500 is fair price for you both. But I used to buy em for $800 fix em up and sell them for $2500 so keep that in mind. Looks like a good machine and well cared for. It tough to find the 95/96 like the one pictured with pwr steering. I seem to find more new ones with problematic ohc triad with the pwr steering