Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JordB110

Yeah right!

StinKy
To the tune of "It's my party": "It's my hobby, and I'll spend what I want to, spend what I want to, spend what I want to, my wife spent too, got a new Subaru......." Terry

JordB110
Found this on YTMag, guy is asking $1500 for B-112 with blow motor and B-210. For Sale: Allis Chalmers B-112 garden tractor with mowing deck 12 hp, needs rod, new belts, battery. Was running good until rod broke a few years back. AC B-210 garden tractor w/mowing deck, 12 hp? Runs good, mows good. Price is for both. Condition: good Price: 1500 Phone: 219-857-2525 Jordan

Kent
That’s why I don’t get involved in the “What’s it worth” questions. Used equipment is unique. All are worth EXACTLY the amount the buyer and seller agree on. Some owners are offended when a dealer offers 25% less than what the buyer paid a year or two earlier on a trade in. Someone else will ask if 75% less than MSRP is fair for a 2 year old tractor. How much is that $100 implement really worth when you figure in shipping or pick up costs, or the time you spent hunting in flea markets and auctions..? How much is the tractor worth that you bought for $100, then spent $500 on parts plus your time to fix..? I have an acquaintance whom works very long hours (I assume he is well compensated). He has followed my acquisition of tractors and implements and knows what I paid. He wants to get himself and his family involved in gardening and grounds maintenance, but he has no mechanical aptitude or the time to chase after and repair used equipment. He went to the local Simplicity dealer and was disappointed to learn that Sovereigns are no longer made. He believes Sovereigns must be the ultimate since that’s what I own. He has offered me ridiculously high amounts for my “stuff”, but I have refused to sell. His latest offer was to buy me a brand new Legacy and pay me $5000 so I could replace my implements. I suppose that may be a good deal in his mind since to replace what I have with new would probably be over $30,000. The happier I seem with my “junk” the more he covets it. Go figure human nature.

MPH
Value is like beauty, IN THE EYES of the Beholder. After mowing with my ole B112 the other day I wouldn't trade it for for a Gilson 16hp hydorstat, hydro lift rear discharge still in the crate...MPH