Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Never had one before

SmilinSam

Not top of the line, dead engine, but still....its a Sunstar:)
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/ebaysunstar.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/290688139338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649[/url] Wanted to do one of these before my interest in fixing up tractors wanes away. Price seemed right. This was a tractor I believe once owned by club member ka9bxg, sold to my son ,member sstephen, hitch & pto removed and then resold to the guy that sold it on Ebay. Some of these club members tractors seem to get around:D

I thought it looked like my tractor. I was told that it was a yard tractor for Simplicity after the engine blew at the factory. The tractor looks better than the mower did.Glad it is going to be used by someone.If you want the manual for it let me know I still have it. Good luck.Bob

"Some of these club members tractors seem to get around" Thats a fact, but I think these old tractors get around all by them selves. I intend to "play" with a Sunstar someday, going to have to be low thiugh. Nice Score!

Got mine nine years ago for around $400.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/My%20Hunk%20of%20junk.JPG[/img]
My son spotted this sitting in a cornfield with a for sale sign on it for $475. Went to see it and the owner said the only way you could get it started was by pressurizing the fuel tank, He was right. Got him down on price brought home and replaced the fuel pump:D. It also has had other uses. An 80+ something year(Trapper the clown) friend of mine use it a couple of times for our local Fourth of July parade. It was heading for the mid-90's this particular day, so I lent him the tractor so he would have to walk. Just when the parade started, we got hit with an impromptu shower. I have at least one tractor with power steering.;)I redid the paint with Case Orange that had some red(like Flambeau red?) in it. Never did decal it.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/ClownandSunstar.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ka9bxg
I thought it looked like my tractor. I was told that it was a yard tractor for Simplicity after the engine blew at the factory. The tractor looks better than the mower did.Glad it is going to be used by someone.If you want the manual for it let me know I still have it. Good luck.Bob
Thanks for the offer Bob. If its the little rectangular owners manual, I actually got one from a box of other stuff I bought at a auction a few years ago. Fate had me save it :D BLT, Unfortunately this one is a single cylinder version and does not have power steering, diff lock or two speed axle. It is however the same tranny as the one sitting here from this Deere 332. So it seems I do have a spare^ I believe I will repaint this in the later paint style. What color would work best? AC orange, or Chevy Engine Red like the older Simplicities? Not going to buy Actual Simplicity paint... Going to have to hunt down a good 16hp engine for it at some point too..

quote:
Originally posted by gwiseman
Sam, might we see you in a clown suit in July riding that Sunstar?
Naaaa... Thats BoB's role, clowning around and poppin wheelies&:)&:)&:):D

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by gwiseman
Sam, might we see you in a clown suit in July riding that Sunstar?
Naaaa... Thats BoB's role, clowning around and poppin wheelies&:)&:)&:):D
I'll pass the gaunlet to Mark, kinda settle his stomach before the return trip home.:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts