Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front end dethatcher on B series

70schopper

Does anyone have a dethatcher on the front of their B series. Thinking of adding an attachment like the EZ Rake to my inventory. How well do they work and is there any out there? Any help would be great. Thanks

They work great. Mine is in pieces right now but will have it together this summer. Josh just posted a week ago pictures of his in action.

Nice job Jeff. I really like the front wheel treatment. I found with my tow behind, It gets a bit dicey on turns. After seeing yours, I am convinced, that the front mount is the way to go. Wayne Just another project added to an ever growing list of to do's!

[img][/img]
This is the one I bought one day at the local lumber yard.

Jim, A revitalizer just sold on Ebay yesterday for $400.10 bucks. It was in Beloit just not to far south of me. I would have loved to have had that but it was a little to rich or my blood. Oddly enough one sold last week on ebay as well for $269 but that was out east to far for me to drive. They pop up on ebay from time to time. -Chris

What you need is the EZ rake for dethaching works 100 times better than the push or pull ones.
[img]/club2/attach/wilm169/7016ez.jpg[/img]

Yeah, I wish I had a nicer camera to get you guys a better feel for how well that thing works. I have used both the E-Z Rake and the Revitalizer...they both work great, but for thatching the Rake blows the Revitalizer away. For aerating, the Revitalizer is better suited for getting into the soil. I'm looking forward to running that Rake more, and will try for a vid of it when I do, but I need a sweeper or vac, because it brings up LOTS of dead stuff. (At least in my never-thatched yard it does) When that rake popped up (here in the classifieds), I jumped fast and didn't BS on price. I think I gave $275 for it, and don't regret it for a minute. It was a 'had to have' since it was complete with the B-series hitch. I'd like to have a belt gaurd made to replicate the missing OEM cover. [img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/Stolen%20From%20Sites/ez_rake_small.jpg[/img] I'm amazed there's nothing more commonly available out there, as it is simple and effective. You can cover some serious ground with the old girl, in a big hurry.