Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with Simplicity

papaschilling

I just picked up a 1985 Simplicity 6216 16hp, that was on fire in the engine area. Actually got it running with a prime but I can't figure out where fuel line exits on the carburetor(melted),as well as some of the hoses and wires around carburetor. I temporary fixed plug wires with vacuum hose and electrical tape. Don't laugh it worked. Actually other than that mower is in good condition. Can't beat free. Any pictures, diagrams or advice would be appreciated. Thanks, john

Please allow your internet window browser to reset automatically instead of using the back button to see your post. You repeated your post several times and each appeared here in the forum. Take some time to browse around and you will find where to download the manuals to your mower. This should help identify what you need. And welcome to the club.

Try this for the parts manual, also the operators manual is there. WELCOME to the club. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aoOYrE4CGh5kbp796Dq

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out where hose's connect? I might have to find a similar tractor and map evrything out. Thanks for your help. John

Pipersville Garden used to have a good sized "scrap" yard, of 5000 and 6000 series equipment. There is a "scrap" yard on Rt73 above Boyertown. I think it is called Ray's. That's where I got my bargain buys of a shreader and a 46" blade. I know you can't roam the yard any more (Lawyers I guess). Wayne Here is my diary of "disaster" [url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120645

Send me your email address in a private message and I will send you the wiring diagram. Does the fuel pump have three ports on it. If it is like my Honda and Kohler command. One port goes to crank case port, one from tank and the other to the carb inlet.