Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

That bi-annual shuffle

Mack

Time to tuck the winter attachments away for another year. Been busy with other projects but needed to get a mower deck on. So today was the day to get stuff moved around. Got the spring/summer stuff pulled out and swept up a spot. Moved a 42" thrower, two 46" blades and three 42" blades into the vacant space. Been hauling a couple of the 42" blades to swap meets but seems there is very little interest in them.

Been avoiding that shuffle, though I think that tommorrow may be the day to free up at least one of the two that are still dressed for winter! Happy to report that the blower tractor went unused for the entire winter season this past year! I can only hope to be that lucky next season!:D

my blower came off about 3 weeks ago and the 38HD tiller jumped on its ride. And even got to break some ground till the belt decided to fall apart to

i need to get the big ten out and service it for mowing. hopefully i get time and set up the squire 9 as a mower. most the 42" blades i sell people are fabing them up on other tractors/ATV's.

Ouch! I get a backache by just looking. That's why I have a tractor for each, mowing, blowing, tilling, and turn plowing plus a spare.:D

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Ouch! I get a backache by just looking. That's why I have a tractor for each, mowing, blowing, tilling, and turn plowing plus a spare.:D
Thats a very good plan Bob! I do have enough tractors. Just a bit short on good running motors. Have been gathering parts and enlisted the assistance of a knowledgeable motor guy to help me on getting several motors sorted out and hopefully learn enough to become competent enough to do them myself.

I may be lazy this year... The other day I just threw a big tarp over my Da917 Blowing cabbed tractor in the shed:O:D It may stay that way all summer rather than hoist the cab off an pull the blower.

I swapped mine out the other week. Put the grader blade on the 725 and the 2012 will get the deck. That's a project I am not looking forward to. I believe I have everything though except the belts. The hard part is going to be figuring out the mid pto. With this site though I'm sure I'll find a post somewhere.:)

quote:
my blower came off about 3 weeks ago and the 38HD tiller jumped on its ride. And even got to break some ground till the belt decided to fall apart to
Exact ditto.