Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

?? for early B-10 and 9HP Landlord owners

Kent

The dash pictured is mirror image of mine (64 LL) BUT my tank sits lenghtwise opposite the battery. As I have said before, there is no id. numbers on my tractor. The only thing I have to go by is a date cast into one of the transaxle housing halves, that being 4-64. Also I do know the engine is a 23-d which fits in the 1964-65 time frame, IF it's the original engine. A friend of mine has what we assume is a 725 and it looks exactly like your pic. His engine is a good bit different than my 23-d.His tractor has only had 2 previous owners and he was told it had the original engine. Did Simplicity do some sort of mid-year switcheroo to use up an overstock of older parts??

My 63/64 runs along side the battery also. I wonder if that picture is something they were going to try but never made it to production.

While the dash isn't the same in the picture, the battery on my 63? 725 is in between the fuel tank and the rear of the dash as in the picture. Mine doesn't have the Simplicity side-panels that appear in the picture either. Everything else looks the same as my tractor, except cleaner. Galen

Kent, Perhaps it is a rare accidentally published prototype. It is definitely a cross between a 63 725 and a 64 first year Landlord. It also looks like the Broadmoor dash with a 725 frame. Just my two cents. Jeff

It is most definatley a hybird, it shares thins between my 700 wonderboy and my B-10 early, it might have been a prototype photo before they go the kinks out, -BradW

Is your fuel tank mounted beside the battery or in front of it... I'd thought on the early B-10s that it was beside the battery, just like Big Tens and later B-10s and 12s -- and that's what I had seen in pictures. But I just noticed this picture of a Landlord from the 1964 brochure that shows the fuel tank in front of the battery... What gives? It doesn't look like the 725 dash that I'm familiar with, yet it doesn't look like the later models.... [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1964/more_uses.htm'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1964/access_pg11_small.jpg'][/a]