Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mack

Simplicity 738 garden tractor front end loader

Mack
Not an April fools. sm01 On Epay now. Cute little guy!

quote:
Up for auction is a early 70's 738 Simplicity with front loader, has a later model 12 horse power briggs & Straton. Has 3 speeds forward with reverse.Front & rear tires are in good condition, don't leak. Hydraulic pump is mounted under the tractor, hydraulic tank is under the hood & the battery was moved under the seat. Tractor is completely serviced and ready to use, will pick up easy 200 lbs, loader drifts very slightly does not effect operation, doesn't have down pressure. replaced 2 hoses on the right hand side of the tractor after I took these pictures. Only leak on the the loader is the front tilt cylinder, the first 3" of the cylinder rod is pitted, when parked I just park it with the bucket on its nose, no leaks, didn't leak enough to fix, my opinion. Tractor starts and runs great, does not smoke. Spare set of tires & chains. Great for moving dirt, gravel, mulch, snow. No mower deck. This is a nice unit for a collector or some one doing some light landscaping. If you want to see and operate it send me a email and set up appointment. If you don't like it when you come to pick it up, you don't have to take it. Tractor is sold as is with no warrenty. If paid for can hold for couple months free of charge. This Is a small tractor, 36" tall, bucket is 30.5" wide, loader lift from ground to bottom of bucket 5'. Feel free to ask questions. Thanks for looking

perry
seen that one yesterday 8D guy on the wheel horse forum has a little wheel horse lawn ranger about same size as that one with loader. he has it beefed up and lifts alot of stuff with it. the load ranger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4q6zILyxU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLA26EC3E1B30CA9AC

Talntedmrgreen
I'm tempted, and then some. I talked to the fella yesterday, and got a few more pics. I can't imagine it's capable of a whole lot, but beats the average Broadmoor, I suppose 8D He seems prety confident in it's build and condition (despite it lacking a subframe), and is not holding the winning bidder to the purchase if they are uncomfortable upon pickup. It's a modest drive for me, and it's got some sort of draw .... ;)

Kent
Assuming the center pivot point is in good shape, and kept well lubed, I can see the value of this little thing. It wouldn't stress the tractor nearly as much on uneven/rough ground as the Landlord/Sovereign class machines. The only real stress would be vertical as the weight of the bucket on the front tires lifts the back of the tractor. It wouldn't have the "torsional twist" like you can get with the larger machines. Could really be useful hauling and spreading mulch, topsoil, etc. Plus, it's a cute little fellow@

timflury
Neat little machine there. He must be running the pump off the pto pulley. So much for running other attachments. I would be concerned about overloading the front axles.

dentwizz
TBH the size of the bucket is such that the dry goods(mulch) content wouldn't be all that heavy. The tubular axle on a Broadmoor is fairly rigid from experience. One I reconditioned had to have the spindles straightened from a drop off a truck. To adjust the caster angles I had to have a 8 foot bar on a 3 ft wrench and two medium wieghted people sitting on the hood. Even still I had to put the bar on a large jack stand(2.5 ft up) and jump on the front axle to bring it all down. That's pretty rigid for as small as it is. If I had the money that wouldn't be too bad of a flower bed filler.