Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grading (and suffering) on the Big Ten

larry8200

Well, I'm not suffereing REAL bad!! I'll have a mid mount someday, in the mean time I will continue with the same old job I've always got with the front blade!!! :D:D:D

With everything you have I am surprised you don't have a mid mount blade. I almost feel like giving you mine. ^

all that stuff and no grader blade :D. looks like your front blade is doing the trick. i have had two Sim graders in my life time. first one i was out splitting wood at a old farm house yard my old boss rented. went to take a P in the weeds and stumbled on a simplicity and wheel horse mid mount grader's. those got loaded right quick in my truck ;) second one came with a $200 landlord i bought.

Larry Good job on your driveway and path you did very good with the front blade. You obviously know how to use it. That said "your" grader blade is being kept nice and dry in one of my out buildings. SimpleKid saw it today and was upset it was not for sale. I just mounted up my Dutch blade (with the teeth) and plan to do my driveway and private road. All teasing aside the blade is yours when you and I can arrange it. Rick........

Good job on the road Larry! I just bought a 7012 off of RickS today and while I was there I saw the grader blade which that is saved for Larry. I was upset that the blade wasn't for sale.

Talntedmrgreen
Yeah, the grader is tough to beat, and you may find it too easy, and unchallenging now that you've mastered the dozer. That 46" can bite in a hurry, and be counterproductive in untrained hands. ;)

The trick to the dozer is you cant rush. Blade diggs in, wheels spin, big mess. Yup, Grader is hard to beat, I love my Turf-Groom 136, set it up and go. Not so with the dozer blade. For every nice job I have done with that there are at least 2 messes in the past. HAHA Nick, We never made a deal on that grader, yet we did over a year ago. Our paths just haven't crossed yet. Actually at last check we still hadn't agreed to a deal. Thats notr a problem

Larry, I am sure we will reach one. Until then I am saving the grader blade for you. I may even deliver it for you. Rick.......