Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

CCKB

D-17_Dave
Nothing. Just a base model identifying the block. They used this same block in several dozen gen sets and multiple configurations and applications. Onan also manufactured hundreds of twin cyl. engines over the years so they have no "Standard" to go by.

1Litre
I have seen CCK but I do not know the power. The CCKA was the 16 hp version. The CCKB is 23HP . Simplicity/Allis spec # set the rpm lower to get it to 19.5HP so they did not have to place ROPS on the units and raise the cost of the unit.

PGL
The CCK was probably the original, used mainly for generators running at 1800 rpm. So it had the same block but lowere hp - about 8? There are a lot of those old gen sets still being run and refurbished. The slower engine lasts a long time in boats and RVs and backup use. I have an old one used in the past as a backup for the telephone company which I hope to get back in shape sometime.

D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by 1Litre
I have seen CCK but I do not know the power. The CCKA was the 16 hp version. The CCKB is 23HP . Simplicity/Allis spec # set the rpm lower to get it to 19.5HP so they did not have to place ROPS on the units and raise the cost of the unit.
What RPM are these engines supposed to be to attain 23HP?