Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

Moldboard Plow Set Up

adamf203
Does anyone have a picture of the correct set-up of the 10" moldboard plow? I just purchased one from PA yesterday, and would like to ensure that it is correct. Also, the dimensions of the rod that inserts into the rear lift and a picture of how it is supposed to connect to the rear lift assembly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ADAM

huffy
Adam: Go into the Show & Tell forum and check out Larry's thread about plowing. It should have the info you need, and I believe there's some links in there to other posts on the subject.

Mack
Adam, Here is a picture BLT posted awhile back. If you get it adjusted with the tail up about half an inch you will be very close. You may still need some adjusting to get it dialed in after you get a furrow or two plowed. Just give it small incremental adjustments and try it.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/Plow%20adjust.jpg[/img]

BLT
Also you want the tip of the share about a quarter of inch lower then the end of the landside for starts. That keeps the plow from walking up out of the ground I was told. Hmm, will have start shining it up again. The above is a 204 plow with a 203 hitch. As you see that stack up, the plow is a whisker away from being parallel with the surface. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8aqI6rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

adamf203
Bob, or anyone else who knows. Can you give me the dimensions of the rod that inserts into the rear lift and the position of the hole? Larry has the new hitch style and I will be running teh old style with the rod and chain. I assume its 1" rod Thanks,

timflury
A 1" dia rod that is 12" long. My chain is about 8" long.

The length of chain will vary depending on where you atach it to the plow frame. In the photo, my lift is raised and there is about 3" between the share and the ground.