Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B110guy

B110 Tiller Update.

B110guy
I got an original pulley from Talntedmrgreen. After spending some time removing the stamped pulley ( I need a 3 jaw puller), got the new one on. Hit the garden and bam, same crud it was doing before. This time I let it spin and took a long look. The rear belt was slipping at the tiller drive shaft. Is the bar that goes into the rear lift supposed to pivot? Mine seems rusted solid and I can't get any adjustment out of the tensioner. I removed the pin from the top lift, stuck a big nut in between and got the tensioner to pull the belt good and tight. hit the garden and BAM! Works just like it should. did about 3/4 of my garden before I accedentailly killed the engine. Still working on a no-charge issue so it'll go on the charger tomorrow and I'll be good to go. Thanks so much to Talntedmrgreen for the pulley and everyone else for their help. B110guy

timflury
I totally forgot about the tension on that belt. You need to loosen the tension on that one when removing the tiller from the tractor. Guess what,,,,,,, I was out tilling over the weekend and the same thing was happening to me..... Until I tightened the second belt.:I:I:IdOddOd

Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
I thought he was talking about smoking the front belt, so I assumed there was plenty of tension on the rear one... B):O8
Same here...It's easier to diagnose the issues when you can get your hands on the machine. At least it's tilling now!

B110guy
I thought the smoke was coming from the front belt. When it stopped working last night, I let it sit running while I took a good look. Was obvious after that. Now I just need to make the adjuster work for the rear belt and figure out why she won't charge and I'm in business. B110guy