Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB-212 PTO

RJA

Hello, I am a new owner of an Allis Chalmers HB-212. The tractor has several attachments which I have no manuals but do have a parts picture of the PTO. I currently have the rototiller attached to the tractor and it seems to be working fine. However I noticed that a tension spring which appears to be attached to a Bracket,PTP ass'y on one end is not attached on the other end. It looks like it is suppose to attach to the spring tension rod which is connected to the Handle Assy's. If I connect the spring to the tension rod it drags on the ground and there no tension on the spring. Can anyone help me with how to connect and adjust the tension. Thanks Bob

Not sure which tiller you have. These manuals are for the 32" tiller with flat cover and round cover. If you have a 36" let me know and I will post the manual. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqI1rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqO0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

I'm confused. Are you refering to the handle that hangs straight down under the axle on the left side? Pull back and up on that handle, and it should go over center and lock. If I remember correctly, it may not lock without the mower deck belt attached. In any case, it is only for the hanging center pto for the deck or sickle bar. It has no effect on the tiller use.

Yes that is exactly the handle in question. Thanks for the info very helpful since my next chore will be to attach the sickle mower.