Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LesH

Tire Plugger for fixing a leak-------

LesH
Has anyone ever used and had good luck with a "pocket tire plugger"?? It installs a plug in a tubeless tire. The plug has a head on it and that keeps it from pushing out. They are on E Bay. I am not having any luck with the standard string type of plugger. It always getting a leak after installing. It is a new tubeless tire I am trying to fix that had a nail in it. Any ideas?? Thanks.

GrincheyOne
I have tried pluggers and sealant liquids. Dealers do not like to work with tires having liquids in them (and charge extra). Internal patches and/or tubes are better choices. Just more work to install. Wayne

D-17_Dave
I have good luck with the string type, but I've had lots of practice on a variety of tires and holes. I normally insert the string and twist it so it draws the string in all the way with about 1/4" left sticking out. The twist gives the string a ball knot inside to keep it from pulling out. On a large hole I have used 2 and 3 strings at a time. Sometimes they just won't work if the hole is a long tear, but that is rarely the case.