Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

  • Announcements

    • Kent

      Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

      If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

      Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

      See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
WaterlooBoy2HP

B-210 10hp Briggs rebuild

Recommended Posts

WaterlooBoy2HP
My engine is stripped down to the bare block ( it's naked ). I went and ordered parts today at my local parts place and I was kind of suprised at how expensive it is with me doing all the work. I spent approx. $180.00 for 2 new valves, set of rings, conn.rod, points condenser, new armature, exhaust valve guide bushing and I still need to get the exhaust valve guide bushing installed and the seats cut,etc.. My point is that sometimes a price on a good running engine is cheaper than rebuilding. But, hopefully when I am done this engine will last a long time especially if I maintain it properly. The tractor is nothing without the engine so I figured I would start here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StinKy
I noticed no piston was in your new parts list. I rebuilt my 23-d and did all included in a normal rebuild but used the same piston which was in spec. (low limit) Engine runs fine but it does smoke mildly until it warms up. Next time will be a bore job and a .010 over piston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlcentral
The cylinder bore is within specs and the piston is in decent shape so I am just going to hone the cylinder. The engine ran well before I took it apart. The reason I am doing so is because when I got it, the engine had a stuck exhaust valve. When I had the head off I noticed that the tops of the valves were kind of worn out or disintegrating. Because of this and it's age I decided to go through entire motor. I am glad I did so because the cooling fins were almost completely plugged up with stuff from critters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×