Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Shagrat

New to me 7114

Shagrat
Greetings, I just pulled home a Simplicity 7114. Haven't got it going yet (new started ordered today), but everything looks good. I don't know what year it is. 82-83? The spraybomb paintjob isn't the best (or even correct), but for only $300, I think I did ok. Several pictures here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2842967/1948-plymouth-p-15/page-3

Brettw
You did very "OK". If it in fact runs, you did very well. I am not sure if it is an Allis version, but no real difference. Welcome to the madhouse! Be careful however, these seem to breed. 8D

GrincheyOne
Welcome to rehabilitation Dan. This is no known cure for "Tractor Fever". Sweet ride, Good Luck! BTW I learned to drive in a '47 Plymouth Coupe, luckily it had a "try to break me" stick tranny! LOL (lost 13 cluster gear sets in my '46 Ford Later. Too many "burnouts" in High School!. Wayne

Shagrat
I don't think it's an Allis. Hood was originally off-white. Seat was originally black and the sticker was added. I kind of like the all orange look, though. P O said they used it last year, 'til the starter went out. We'll see.....

Shagrat
quote:
Originally posted by GrincheyOne
BTW I learned to drive in a '47 Plymouth Coupe, luckily it had a "try to break me" stick tranny! LOL (lost 13 cluster gear sets in my '46 Ford Later. Too many "burnouts" in High School!. Wayne
The 48 Plymouth was my first car. Great fun speed shifting a three on the tree!

Shagrat
I just finished mowing with the 7114! I put a starter and coil on it and away I went. The ol' Kohler is pretty tired, though.... There's a rebuild in the not to distant future. On the plus side, the blue oil cloud keeps the buffalo gnats awaysm01.

1Litre
`83 and up has the filter on the trans and the all plastic deep spoke steering wheel like yours. Is it a K321 or K341 engine? The forteens had the 8.50 wide rear tires and sixteen and up have the 10.50 like yours. If it is a K341 it must have been an Allis as Simplicity used the Briggs.

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by 1Litre
`83 and up has the filter on the trans and the all plastic deep spoke steering wheel like yours. Is it a K321 or K341 engine? The forteens had the 8.50 wide rear tires and sixteen and up have the 10.50 like yours. If it is a K341 it must have been an Allis as Simplicity used the Briggs.

Simplicity from 1979 - 1981 they used a Briggs 326437 16hp for two years.

Simplicity from 1982 - 1985 they used a Kohler K321S. The 7114 disappeared after 1985.