Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simple-kid

New tractor on eBay

simple-kid
Tell me what you think guys. He wants 425 for just the tractor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260994918117&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1175

TomMaryland
Looks interesting with nice attachments too. Does it run? Also, he kind of screwed up as he has a reserve, but told you where the reserve is? I don't think I'd do that. It does look like a good price for this area here in Md, not sure about your area though. Good luck!

RickS
Nick, Given the attachments the tractor has, especially the sickle bar, that price is a steel. Even if the tractor is junk you should be able to recover your money selling the sickle bar. The sickle bar attachment is fairly rare and always brings a good price. Good luck. Rick.......

Brettw
In my opinion $425 for just the tractor, as you stated, is very high. For the tractor and all of the attachments it is a good deal, if it actually goes for the $425. The sickle mower alone is worth approximately the $425.

ReedS
This has been on eBay for a while now, he started at $1000. Deck = $100, sickle = $250, plow= $75, and tractor = $400 IMO if I'm buying I try to go on the low end, selling is a different story. All depends on actual condition, what needs to be repaired or if it's perfect. Everything in my garage is always for sale, for the right price, of course!

MysTiK
650 tops, with or without sickle. assume run, cond good. Or, if you want it, pay $. Tractor alone has you looking for parts (350). especially the one you would leave behind. Finding replacements complete is the job. Buy the whole thing, right price for you, or walk on. This really just seems too hard; and that's a sign. One's I found, either found me or were delivered, despite all odds. But my first was tractor only. Had to buy a parts tractor with attachments to complete. both were less than you are looking here. I can't see buying a tractor I can't see.

simple-kid
Rick, Well I have to get a shelter to put them in and pay the rest of my truck off and then I can get some more tractors. Yes I plan on having more tractors then Larry at some point! sm01sm01:p Theses tractors will be the death of me.XX(

goatfarmer
quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
Rick, Well I have to get a shelter to put them in and pay the rest of my truck off and then I can get some more tractors. Yes I plan on having more tractors then Larry at some point! sm01sm01:p Theses tractors will be the death of me.XX(
Always good to think BIG:D

simple-kid
Ok Josh I would but the guy wants 425 just for the tractor not the whole package, If he wanted 425 for the whole package I would be down there buying it right now. ^