Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Sunrunner spark issues

Brettw
New toy, I bought it right because the Guy (literally, that was his name, Guy)could not get spark, said it ran fine last fall. 12 HP Briggs. So I got it home and a little of this and that, disconnected the ground to kill from the ignition module and I have spark. Ran 'er up and around for a bit, good engine no smoke, sounds great, good solid hydro. So now I have to chase down where the problem is. The wire from the module to the grounding block is OK, no short there. Then a wire from the grounding block goes into a wiring harness. I can chase it all down, but I will take some easy suggestions first. Thanks all!

steve-wis
I had that on a Regent a while back. First I jumped each safety switch to check them, and they were all good. The ignition switch had been changed, so I bought a new module and it was fine. Don't think there is a way to test that module but could be wrong. Hope this helps some. Steve

BLT
In addition to the engine side, disconnect the ground terminal from the switch side and then take an ohmmeter , (+) to wire and(-) to ground, then take a reading. If the meter shows a high resistance number the wire is shorted somewhere. If meter stays the same problem could be in switch. Best I can do. What is product number?

Brettw
I will say this, what a contraption. It is interesting to see how all of this was engineered. My Dad had one of these and could never get used to the steering. Once you are proficient, i can see how you could cut circles around some of the other stuff out there. But it is also a fairly long tractor, mower, and when you make the turn I wonder how much stuff you wipe out as the rear end comes around. Almost like Simplicity's Rube Goldberg as it were.:o)

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
I will say this, what a contraption. It is interesting to see how all of this was engineered. My Dad had one of these and could never get used to the steering. Once you are proficient, i can see how you could cut circles around some of the other stuff out there. But it is also a fairly long tractor, mower, and when you make the turn I wonder how much stuff you wipe out as the rear end comes around. Almost like Simplicity's Rube Goldberg as it were.:o)
Brett here's Barb's training manual. The Yazoo had a 16 hP Briggs and if you swung it into a silo, the long tube might become tippy.:D:D:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3P8Erjdfyc